Saturday, January 14, 2012

Here we go....

I had a endoscopy on Wednesday because the PET scan showed some areas in my stomach that my oncologist wanted to have a closer look at. There were a few areas that they biopsied but nothing they were concerned as being cancerous. Friday I had a Port-a-Cath put in, which was is a little bit uncomfortable, but I should feel better in a couple of days I'm told. We went in at 9am and were out by 2pm. I was exhausted and didn't remember much after being splayed out of the table with the nurses prodding me for what seemed like FOREVER and me finally saying, "would you PLEASE knock me out?!?!?" They got the message.
Things are a bit fuzzy when I woke up. Apparently I ordered an egg salad sandwich (What the HECK? no idea) but I did take a picture of the plate and cover it came in for my 365 project which I found on my phone today. Or someone did and is playing tricks on me. Not sure.
First chemo is this Thursday 1/19.
Thank you so much for all the kind words and love I have been shown by so many. They really are what lifts my spirits and makes me smile on a daily basis. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I still think you should have gotten something better than egg salad... hospitals need to serve CUPCAKES!

Praying for you.